The information below is adapted from material provided to us by our friends at Dan Lynch Apostolates, 144 Sheldon Road, St. Albans, VT 05478. Phone: 802-524-5350. Visit its website at JKMI.com.
Today is December 8, the day we celebrate the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, our national patroness. We celebrate the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary nine months before we celebrate her birthday on September 8. Many people confuse this feast with the Incarnation that is the conception of Jesus in Mary’s womb. The Immaculate Conception means that from the first moment of Mary’s conception, she was free from any stain of original sin.
In January 1957, Our Lady of America told Sister Mildred to tell her spiritual director to send this message:
“Hurry, my son, for the time is short but the punishment will be long, and for many, forever. Tell the bishops of the United States, my loyal sons, of my desires and how I wish them to be carried out. Through him who is head over you, make known the longings of my Immaculate Heart to establish the reign of my Divine Son in the hearts of men and thus save them from the scourge of heaven, both now and hereafter.”
On this feast day, we ask you to take the following actions asking that Our Lady’s wishes be carried out and that the reign of Jesus in the hearts of all our clergy and all the faithful will be accomplished soon. This is what we need to do:
- Pray the novena to Our Lady of America for true change and hope for America.
- Sign the petition for the solemn procession and placement of the statue of Our Lady of America in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.
- Send your bishop a personal letter and ask him to promote the devotion in your diocese and with his brother bishops to respond to Our Lady’s requests. Click here to see a sample letter for your use.
- Practice the devotion.
- Practice personal purity in your mind, your heart, and your body, especially sexual purity.
- Practice the Blessed Virgin Mary’s personal spirituality of the divine indwelling.
- Wear her medal.
- Install her image in your own home for its safeguard.
- Host a visitation of the image of Our Lady of America.