On Monday, June 5, the United States Senate will return from its Memorial Day recess. One piece of legislation the members will take up is the Fiscal Year 2017 reconciliation bill. This bill will, if passed, strip Planned Parenthood of Medicaid funds for one year and will repeal and replace parts of Obamacare.
During the recess, Planned Parenthood has been targeting senators and trying to convince them that the American people do not want PP defunded. This is a lie, and YOU must talk to your senators and let them know the truth. The American people want two things:
- Removal of federal dollars from Planned Parenthood.
- Assurance that the American Health Care Act does not allow any healthcare money to pay for abortions.
The latest Planned Parenthood annual report (discussed in the Week in Review section of this newsletter) will give you all the facts and numbers you need. Planned Parenthood is losing customers, cutting services, and closing clinics because Americans are abandoning it. The fact is that Planned Parenthood had more customers in 1999 than it does today. Planned Parenthood is a dinosaur of the past and must not be funded with taxpayer money.
- Call the United States Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121. A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the Senate office you request. If you don’t know your senator’s name, just tell the person which state you are from and he will give you the two names.
- Tell the senator’s office you live in his state and want all taxpayer money taken away from Planned Parenthood.
- Get your friends and family to also make the calls.
This is NOT about politics. This is life and death of innocent babies. Call today and let’s get Planned Parenthood defunded.