We Place Our Trust in You, Most Beloved Priests of Jesus Christ
by: Bud Macfarlane
Part II (continued from last Wednesday)
When the Anglican Lambeth Conference in 1930 rejected the always constant Christian unity on the grave sinfulness of contraception by allowing its use for serious reasons, Pope Pius XI responded immediately with the encyclical, Casti Connubii, on December 31, 1930, in which he so emphatically proclaimed the following: “Any use whatsoever of matrimony exercised in such a way that the act is deliberately frustrated in its natural power to generate life is an offense against the law of God and of nature, and those who indulge in such are branded with the guilt of a grave sin. We admonish therefore, priests who hear confessions and others who have the care of souls, in virtue of our supreme authority and our solicitude for the salvation of souls, not to allow the faithful entrusted to them to err regarding this most grave law of God; much more, that they keep themselves immune from such false opinions, in no way conniving in them. If any confessor or pastor of souls, which may God forbid, lead the faithful entrusted to him into these errors or should at least confirm them by approval or by guilty silence, let him be mindful of the fact that he must render a strict account to God, the Supreme Judge, for the betrayal of his sacred trust, and let him take to himself the words of Christ: “They are blind leaders of the blind: and if the blind lead the blind, both fall into the pit.”
The vast majority of Catholics are uniformed or misinformed regarding the following facts:
1. The predominant cause of the “forest fire” of promiscuity plaguing our nation and the attendant pandemic of sexually transmitted diseases, and the destructive social chaos, is the culturally accepted, easy access, and unashamedly publicly promoted use of contraception, “the pill,” etc. Tragically, Catholics participate in this sexual insanity at the same rate as everyone else, while the many leaders who should speak out against this consummate evil remain silent.
2. Catholic couples wishing to have a “sacramental marriage’ are required to participate in a comprehensive “Pre-Cana” instruction program regarding God’s plan for true love, happy holy marriage, and the blessings of children. Unofficial, yet reliable surveys indicate that more than 75 percent of these couples are cohabitating and/or having sexual relations, and most likely using abortifacient contraceptives. Sacrileges abound at so many nuptial Masses where these contracepting cohabitators vow to be open to life with the priest presiding as their witness.
3. All forms of contraception are intrinsically evil and never permitted.
4. Hormonal contraceptives (the pill, IUDs, Depo Provera, Plan B, and Norplant) are abortifacient and kill
5 to 9 million babies a year in the USA.
5. Hormonal contraceptives are extremely detrimental to women’s health.
6. In vitro fertilization is an intrinsic evil, and never permitted, and kills millions of babies every year.
7. Directly intended sterilization is an intrinsic evil and never permitted (today, 50 percent of Catholic couples are sterilized by age 45).
8. Many Catholic physicians prescribe abortifacients, are involved in sterilizations, and in vitro fertilization, and have never been adequately educated on the grave sinfulness of their complicity.
9. The Catholic divorce rate is now 50 percent. The divorce rate for cohabitators is 75 percent, but the divorce rate for couples who practice their faith and follow God’s plan for the transmission of life is only two percent.
10. In 1960, 80 percent of Catholics attended Sunday Mass and families had 5.5 children, while today Mass attendance is less than 20 percent and families average only two children.
11. Because of rampant “recreational safe sex,” STDs are epidemic [20,000,000 new cases every year in the USA] and infect one out of four teenagers.
Two enlightening insights into the awesome mystery and the Jesus Christ ordained sacred mission of His priesthood, are Pope John XXIII’s 1959 encyclical, Sacerdotii Nostri Primadoria celebrating the 100th anniversary of the death of St. John Vianney, and Pope John Paul II’s 1986 Holy Thursday Letter to Priests honoring the 200th anniversary of the Cure’s birth. Both Holy Fathers extolled the patron saint of parish priests as the model of total consecration to always preach all the truths of the faith and his constant focus on saving all of the souls under his care. He achieved extraordinary success, and made his parish the holiest and most famous in the world during his lifetime. He accomplished this by pursuing the highest degree of personal holiness, through constant fervent prayer, extensive spiritual reading, promoting and hearing confessions daily for hours on end, Eucharistic adoration, heroic mortification, constant reparation, extreme poverty, strict obedience to authority, and finally by making the holy sacrifice of the Mass the center of his life and his mission as a priest. Popes John and John Paul exhorted all priests to implore the Cure’s intercession, and to follow the principles of effective holy priesthood which he personified.
The rapid and continuing decline of the Catholic Church and the culture/society is directly related to the decreasing numbers and the relative holiness of the individual members of the mystical body of Jesus Christ. Everyone who is now aware of this epic crisis must constantly implore the Holy Spirit to inspire the best words/means to encourage and support our beloved priests in this “can’t miss” battle plan for a quick victory over “The Contraception Deception of The Father of Lies.”
Father ___________, we implore you to go to His Excellency Bishop _______, and beg him to help you and your brother priests quickly implement an effective plan to expose and eradicate the spiritual cancer of contraception and cure the sexual insanity that is destroying our beloved Church, our families, and our society. Beloved priests of Jesus Christ “the future is now” and you are our best hope, and our last hope.
This article has been reprinted with permission.
For the last 28 years Bud Macfarlane has been speaking all over the USA about the apparitions and messages of Jesus and Mary, Divine Mercy, the holy sacrifice of the Mass and the Holy Eucharist, and the family as the foundation of the Church and the future of society. Bud speaks at churches, conferences, retreats, and on Catholic radio. He also writes articles for Catholic magazines and, in recent years, has been very involved as a member of the Mid-Atlantic Militia Immaculata Core Group. The M.I. produces many documents dealing with God’s Divine Will for the Family and the Transmission of Life. Bud and his beautiful wife Pat have been married for 54 years and have been blessed with 12 children and 38 grandchildren. Another eye-opening article on contraception by Bud Macfarlane can be found at http://www.all.org/article/index/id/MTAwMzQ/.