To restore respect for human life in America, we must:
- Proclaim the truth that every man and woman is uniquely created in the image and likeness of God and deserves respect from the first moment of biological development.
- Emphasize the personhood of the child in the womb. We must be consistent in our actions and our message. We must ensure that educational and legislative efforts do not contradict or undermine the moral truth that all human beings are deserving of equal protection.
- Coordinate with our churches and other local groups to maximize support for efforts that recognize the personhood of the child in the womb.
- Work to establish social policies that nurture the traditional family as the fundamental unit of society. Our focus must include an international social policy through which America supports the rights of families and the sanctity of the procreative act within marriage.
- Emphasize the destructive effects of the contraceptive mentality on the traditional family and on society as a whole. We must make known the statistical evidence that clearly shows the relationship between the practice of contraception and promiscuity, abortion, escalating rates of divorce, increased incidence of venereal diseases, physiological and psychological damage (to both women and men), and the rapid spread of AIDS.
- Continue to emphasize the true nature of the birth control pill, IUD, RU-486, Depo-Provera, Norplant, morning-after pill, and other such chemicals and devices that control birth in several ways, including the aborting of very young preborn children.
- Work to protect the weak and vulnerable members of our human family against the threat of “mercy killing,” and pray for the wisdom and compassion to properly comfort, care for, and dissuade those considering suicide.
- Work vigorously to educate Americans on the dangers of euthanasia and oppose legislative efforts that would legalize or increase the incidence of such crimes.
- The ultimate goal of all of these objectives is the ratification of an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that protects all innocent human beings from the first moment of biological development, without exception.
- American Life League pursues these goals to prepare America for a return to the truths our Founding Fathers acknowledged:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
-Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776