Declaration on Truth and Life
Dear pro-life leader,
For 47 years, the pro-life movement has been working tirelessly to establish protection for the most innocent of our brothers and sisters. It is time for all of us to unify under the simple and beautiful message that we have all been created in the image and likeness of God, eternal persons from the moment of fertilization. With renewed vigor, American Life League hopes to be an instrument that helps bring together all pro-life people who hope to see an end to attacks against innocent human beings. While most pro-lifers do see the value in unity, we must also concede that unity has no value without adherence to absolute Truth.
To foster a recommitment to a “total protection” message within the pro-life movement, American Life League has created a document entitled the Declaration on Truth and Life. This revolutionary declaration sets forth a standard that uses God’s objective Truth as its foundation. It is not a compilation of personal opinions and fallible theories; it was designed with strict adherence to natural law, scientific fact and the Magisterial teachings of the Catholic Church.
This declaration includes the following commitments/principles:
- objective Truth exists. It does not change;
- personhood for every human being exists and forever will exist from the first moment of biological development;
- there is no conceivable circumstance (exception) that justifies an abortion;
- no one is exempt from the principle that denying the life of even one human being for the sake of perceived political gains is unacceptable;
- the pro-life fight is God’s battle; we are called to be faithful, not victorious.
- With this proclamation as a guidepost, American Life League hopes to unify the establishment pro-life movement around uncompromising, Truth-affirming principles.
I urge you to thoroughly read the Declaration on Truth and Life and join our efforts to establish personhood as the hallmark of every pro-life effort. If you agree with the principles set forth in this document, please print, sign and return the “Statement of Agreement/Concurrence.”
In addition, please complete the pro-life surveys that are in the Appendices section. Please return both surveys with your “Statement of Agreement/Concurrence.”
For further clarification on any of the points presented in the declaration, please refer to the in-depth supporting documents that are available on this website.
If, at any point, you have questions concerning this declaration, please contact Judie Brown at ALL.
Now is the time to make a complete, unwavering commitment to God and the babies. Only Truth can be our point of unification. If we make this commitment, I am confident that God will bless our efforts.
Please join American Life League in supporting this Declaration on Truth and Life.
Sincerely yours in the Lord of Life,
Judie Brown, President
American Life League